1983 Mazda RX-7 Ignition System
The main fuse block is located at the right rear side of engine compartment and contains high amperage fuses which protect multiple circuits. Fuse box located above driver\’s left knee, accessible through a removable cover, contains fuses for individual circuits.
More PDF Content
- RELUCTOR-TO-PICK-UP COIL AIR GAP
- IGNITION TIMING
- HIGH TENSION WIRE RESISTANCE CHECK
- IGNITION COIL RESISTANCE CHECK
- PICK-UP COIL RESISTANCE CHECK
- PICK-UP COIL OPERATION CHECK
- Remove distributor cap, rotor and seal cover. See Fig. 6. Remove igniters and attaching screws from distributor housing. Remove clips holding vacuum diaphragm links. Remove attaching screws and vacuum control units from distributor housing. Remove condenser.
- Remove reluctor shaft attaching screw from end of shaft. Remove pick-up coil base bearing attaching screws. Remove reluctor, reluctor shaft, pick-up coils and coil base bearing assembly from top of distributor drive shaft.Â
- Remove reluctor from reluctor shaft, using puller. Remove spring pin. Remove governors by removing springs. Drive lock pin out of drive gear, using a small drift. Remove gear and washers. Remove drive shaft through top of distributor housing.
- Inspect distributor cap and rotor for cracks, carbon tracks, and burned or corroded terminals.
- Assemble distributor in reverse order of disassembly, noting the following: Install reluctor shaft onto distributor drive shaft, engaging slots of reluctor shaft and governor pins. Install pick-up coil and coil base bearing assembly and tighten attaching screws. Install reluctor on shaft, driving spring pin in with a punch.
Look Listen Do It Better - Ignition System Slide... -
Repair Guide: VW Beetle (Incl. 1972 Super... - Peter Russek Motorbook...
Ford Telstar & Tx5, Mazda 626 Automotive Repair... - Haynes Publishing
Mazda 626 & Mx-6 Automotive Repair Manual:... - Haynes Manuals, Inc.