Honda GX 160 – Technical Manual
Honda GX 160 – TECH MANUAL. REQUEST FOR RULE-Honda GX160 Engine type USAC. 1. Receivables from the same division of class only IEX Jr. Sr. Lt. ….
More PDF Content
HONDA CLAIM RULE-FOR GX160 USAC TYPE ENGINES
- A. Check for any alterations or worn parts that would allow additional air into engine: holes, slots, perforations, spacers, loose bolts, warped flanges etc.
a. Gasket thickness: 0.025 inch maximum.
b. Insulator gasket thickness: 0.025 inch maximum.
- B. Carburetor identification number: BE 65 B
- C. Check carburetor for alterations. Upper choke shaft hole may be sealed with silicone type sealer.
- D. Carburetor Bore:
Intake end: Maximum diameter 0.951 inch ref.
Throttle end: maximum diameter 0.710.
- E. Carburetor venture bore; 0523- no/go. This measurement is best made with a no go gauge but may be made
using a telescoping gauge as a no go.
- F. Main jet and main nozzle: (MUST BE TIGHT)
ENGINE COOLING SHROUDS
- A. All pieces of the stock engine-cooling shroud must be properly installed.
- B. There must be no addition or subtraction of any material from the shrouding except for the covering of the switch hole. (any material). Starter cup may be altered to be used as washer retainer for the fooling fan.
1. Remove engine-cooling shrouds. Remove valve cover.
2. Zero dial indicator after exhaust bump. (0.050) ref.
3. Maximum valve lift will be checked from the top of valve spring retainer. Valves may be adjusted to zero clearance or shims may be installed to create zero clearance. This may dictate making special shims, as it is difficult to insert feeler gauge blades so as not to interfere with indicator contracts on retainer.
- A. Check valves for dimensions and weight. Valve seating surface must be factory ground to a single angle only, 45 degrees. There will be no other angles ground on any part of valve. Valves must not be polished, lightened or altered in any way.
- B. Valve weight:
Intake 22 grams minimum
Exhaust 22 grams minimum
- C. Drawing of valve dimensions (Intake valve followed by Exhaust valve).
INTAKE AND EXHAUST PORTS
- A. Ports will be in \’as cast inch and factory machined condition and there must be no addition or subtraction of metal or any other substance to the inside or outside of the cylinder head.
- B. No alterations of any kind to be made to the intake or exhaust port.
- C. This includes any grinding, polishing, etching, sand blasting or glass beading to interior surface.
- E. Intake and exhaust ports at valve:
- A. Removal of rear gas tanks brackets is permitted.
- B. Removal of governor. Governor system may be partially removed with the exception of the steel gear on the crankshaft. This gear must remain intact. Governor arm and shaft may be removed, tied forward or altered to accommodate throttle linkage or return springs.
- C. Addition of brackets, fittings etc. to accommodate throttle linkage, tachometer, temperature gauge is allowed.
2.681 inch maximum
NOTE: All measurements taken at top of bore or very bottom of bore.
\’Wear Limits/Parts Out of Service inch USAC reserves the right to confiscate 160 Honda engine parts deemed illegal or at USAC maximum wear limits. EXAMPLE: cylinder bore will be 2.681 max. all measurements taken at top of bore or very bottom of bore parallel to crank, 90 degrees from crank. Any cylinder block that has one measurement over USAC maximum wear limits will be taken out of service. If no measurements exceed USAC maximum wear limits the part of block will not be confiscated. Handler has the right to have confiscated parts returned to them but will be rendered unusable
- NO PISTON POP UP
- FLYWHEEL,FAN AND IGNITION SYSTEM
- GEAR BOX AND RING GEAR
- CRANKCASE COVER
- PISTON â WRIST PIN AND PISTON RINGS.
- PISTON NOTES
- WRIST PIN
- CONNECTING ROD
- CAMSHAFT SPECIFICATIONS
- ENGINE BLOCK INTERNAL
- PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING TIMING
- DECIMAL DQUIVALENTS OF NUMBER SIZE DRILLS
US Army, Technical Manual, TM 5-3805-290-23P,... - United States Army and...
US Army, Technical Manual, TM 5-6350-264-14&P-12,... - US Army and...
US Army, Technical Manual, TM 5-3805-255-24P,... - US Army and...
US Army, Technical Manual, TM 5-3835-222-BD,... - U.S. Army...